Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thoughts, Bouquets and Places

Monday, December 28, 2009

I dreamt all night with music. It was a slow starting morning but things are starting to flow. When getting dressed, I had a little trouble picking my clothes. I thought, “How silly! I am having trouble picking clothes to get dressed today?”

Then, my thoughts turned to the recent changes in my life. The wedding plans and being let go from Panasonic by the end of past October. Suddenly, I came to the realization that, as I had longed for during all my time behind a desk, I was now trying to do whatever I did with meaning. My Soul was now trying to exist with meaning. And even the menial task of getting dressed had to reflect something: a reborn self, free to be, to create and, most of all, drowned in Love.

So, the mere act of getting dressed, automated for so long, was now turning into an expression of my state of being and my creativeness. And I realized that, this morning, I was just subconsciously trying to reflect how I felt; the lightness of my heart and my creative self in new reborn emergence.

I can’t remember ever being this happy…

Later in the day…

Cathy, Matt’s sister, called. I spoke with her after we exchanged a couple of call backs and asked her if she would make my wedding bouquet and she said she would be honored.

I have been searching on the web and found various styles I like. In a couple of days I will upload them to Picasa and send her the link so she can see them.

I could not believe the prices online; anything, starting at about $100.00. Yikes! Of course, the ones I like are on the expensive side of the scale…

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea to have family and friends be and active and integral part of the wedding. I am pretty sure this is how it was in the older days. Somehow, it makes the details so much more meaningful, almost ritualistic. And a wonderful energy starts to envelope this journey, making it more magic with every step of the way…

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Today, Jeanne and I went for one of our lunches, our Christmas one. It is such a re-energizing joy to share this time together.

I met her at her new home so I could see the layout of the deck in front of the creek, a possible location for the wedding. I thought it was beautiful!

We would be on the deck, having as backdrop the creek. Jeanne suggested we faced our guests, idea I really like. She said, “we are here because of you and we want to see you.” Musicians would be to our right, on the deck extension. And there is more than enough space on the grass, between the deck and the house to put chairs for the guests.

She has a kitchen on the deck level, inside, and one on the main floor. Jeanne said we could empty the music room (which leads to the deck) and use it as a dance area or secondary plan in case of rain. We can also use the upstairs main level if needed.

The house is located on ten acres of land, kind of in the middle of the property I guess. There is a non-paved path that leads to it, but not place to park the amount of cars that would require parking as it is all woods. So she suggested we could have two shuttles going back and forth from the main entrance where everybody would park, driving people to the house.

There is a cute little bridge over the creek where we could take the bridal party pictures. There is also a tree that falls dead on the middle of the deck, which we could cover in lights.

Everything is just falling into place, by natural flow, as if all of it was meant to be…

1 comment:

  1. my original comment to this post seems to have gotten lost somewhere between you and me, and while i can't remember the exact wording, i do remember saying (again) how honored i am to be a part of the planning, and how proud i am that you aren't planning a party, you're planning a celebration. you're not planning a wedding, you're planning a marriage. wherever this celebration takes place, it will be lovely, memorable, and out-of-this-world memorable. xo, my friend.

    ReplyDelete