Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Decade Begins...


Matt and I want to wish you all a wonderful first year of the next decade. We hope that we are all blessed with abundance in health, prosperity and, most of all, love.

As most of you already know, this year is going to be extra special as we will be preparing for our wedding in November.

We have already started to work on the details. As I begun, the ideas started to flow, or should I say overflow? We don’t want a big thing. A small wedding, that has been the thought. But, being the creative individual that I am, my brain just started to go, and go, and go, and go. After a couple of weeks, though, the creator in me started to look for that which had meaning, the symbols of us.

I have always been able to create without much. And, just maybe, this is what, in being, triggers my creativity. I started to reflect about how weddings have evolved into incredible monsters that drown people in stress, specially the bride and groom. We want our wedding to be a moment that represents both of us, who we were, how we came to be, that which made us “us,” and we want to share all this with the people we love.

Suddenly and as it always happens, things started to come to me, the right things. And, in embracing this flow, we are embracing the nature of us, the meaning of us, The Gift of us and start a one year journey to celebrate The Perfect Blossom that we have found in our path.

I called my friend Jeanne to share a thought. I wanted us to write together about this adventure – she is a writer and I also write – specifically, about how to have a most memorable wedding without going bankrupt in doing so.

In the old days, people didn’t spend a fortune to celebrate together. And I don’t think there is a need to do so today, specially considering the fact that we have been in a recession for about two years now. I think the most important part of the celebration is found in the sharing, in many different ways, with those we love. And, in doing so, everybody can get a chance of being an active part of the process and creativity flows and blesses us all with its abundance.

When I showed Jeanne the thoughts I had jotted down, she suggested I post them in our blog, Matt and Pia. So, starting today, I will be sharing this wonderful adventure with you, our friends and family, many of whom are in other states, in South America and Europe, hoping you can partake in our joy.

Starting tomorrow, I will be posting my notes for three days at a time until I am caught up with the month that has passed since the day we got engaged.

So sweet dreams and, once again, as Tiny Tim said, “May God bless us, everyone!”

2 comments:

  1. i love the mindfulness infused in your wedding plans. too many people plan an event, a show, with little if any regard for relationship. but with your thoughtful attention, you and matt are creating a ceremony that will be nothing short of magical, memorable, and meaningful for everybody involved, most especially for you and matt. you are planning a ceremony of togetherness. and though the togetherness of man and wife is certainly the focus, with your mindful attention, you are honoring many different types, many different layers of togetherness. i am delighted, i am honored, to be a part of this. yes. yes i am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You speak truth so effectively! I look forward to following your inspiring thoughts and ideas about love and the journey towards your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete