Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh, A Bad Step...

To view the blog in the published website or any pictures or attachments you might not be able to see,
please follow this link:


Saturday, January 9, 2010

Today we got organized and took all the Christmas decorations down. We – or I should say “I” – don’t like to take them down until after Matt’s birthday and the “Visit of the Magi” on January 6, which is celebrated in Europe and South America.

Matt started early in the morning and then I continued. I had all the stuff in the appropriate boxes and was taking down the swags when, coming down from the ladder, I took a hard step down and messed up my ankle.
Couldn’t put my foot down to take a step so Matt came to help me. We waited about an hour and I still couldn’t walk so we took a ride to emergency at Piedmont. Thankfully, it ended up being just a bad sprain.

So, all other plans made for the day went out the window.



Sunday, January 10, 2010

Today I had to move around with crutches. First time ever, but I just could not put any weight on my foot. For a moment there, I had crazy flash forwards of what it would be if I had to go through the wedding in them. Uhh….

Anyway, we finished putting all the Christmas stuff away and Matt worked organizing the garage. We spent some time discussing location possibilities once again. Couldn’t do much of anything else, especially since the internet was down. A tech should be here on Tuesday to check it out. ‘Till then, we are “incomunicado.”



Monday, January 11, 2010

My foot felt much better today. I took the stirrup off – it was driving me a bit crazy to tell the truth. But, into the afternoon, my foot started to protest by going back into pain mode. So, the stirrup came back on.

No internet still. Man! It is amazing how much our lives are tied to the web. Half of my life is online. Between email accounts, calendars, website, etc., etc., etc., I kinda felt my other leg was injured too!

We ended up going out to run some errands. We went to Five Guys and finally took some pics for Matt’s blog, a project he has had for a while now. But I will let him tell everybody know about it.

We also went to get some junk gold appraised as we will be using the funds towards our wedding rings. Matt and I decided to pull all these pieces from times afar together to get our rings done. What could be better to represent the experiences that made us the people we are today and the road that led to each other?

Anyway, the price per ounce was not as good as we expected, but it is starting to climb after about 5 weeks of decline. So, we’ll see…

1 comment:

  1. crutches, while they help lower extremeties can wreak havoc with the shoulders and arms. did i ever tell you that i was hit by a car while crossing a street in atlanta? and wouldn't you know it happened mere weeks before our wedding. i went through the entire engagement on crutches, wearing a full leg cast. got the cast off less than a week before walking down the aisle. because i was actually still using the crutches and because i refused to use them at the wedding (even if festively decorated), on our exit, andy swooped me up and carried me out. my leg still wouldn't bend after being restrained for so long and andy was so in love with me that we nearly his one of his family friends in the face when his rapt attention on me caused him to veer a little too far to the left. we didn't know it till we saw the picture of mr. whozit leaning waaaayyy to the side to avoid my sandal-clad foot.

    as for the gold . . . i love the notion of melding and melting past lives into something new to mark this grand life occasion. yes. yes, i do.

    ReplyDelete