Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy New Decade!

To view the blog, please follow this link:


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

During my afternoon with Jeanne, yesterday, I had had the idea of both of us walking down the isle together. (As you can see, I look for that which has meaning for us, rather than the standards of tradition.)

It just seemed right to me because of how we had come together. When reviewing the music of the ceremony, though, listening to U2’s Miss Sarajevo, I changed my mind. Matt had been OK with idea; but, while listening to this song, I recalled the meaning for him and decided to go back to me walking down the isle, coming to him. And so I told him my thought and I think we are pretty much going to do this.

Now, we still need to settle on the location.


Thursday, December 31, 2009

We had decided to stay in today. We are more home bodies than anything else.

In the evening I asked Matt if we would take me for Japanese. So we went to Nikko’s and enjoyed a wonderful meal. After that, we went for desert, Malba, at Georgia Shrimp. Jill was working and so we sat at one of her tables. She is supposed to call me on Saturday with her schedule for the week as we need to get together to record with Amy and edit what we already have.

After desert, we came back home. We ended up watching Julie and Julia. At exactly midnight, Matt looked at me and said “Happy New Decade!” And, yes, it is not only a new year, but a new decade also.

Back to Julie and Julia, what an enchanting movie! And I can’t help to feel as happy and in love as Julia. As Matt said when we were watching the movie, “It all feels new again…”

Friday, January 1, 2009

So it’s the first day of the rest of the decade! I slept in this morning. When I woke up, Matt had already been up for a while and had a fire going. Mmmm…I love how the house smells when we have the fireplace going!

In the afternoon, I went out to look for sale bargains. As usual, one found me. I won’t get into details right now, ‘cause I want it to be a surprise for the wedding, but, as many other things, this one just took care of itself!
I had also been looking for pre-lit garlands, but did not find any where I went. I will keep on looking tomorrow. What I did find was Matt’s birthday present due on the 5th!

No comments:

Post a Comment