Saturday, January 2, 2010

Five Years

Saturday, November 21, 2009


Today is five years that Matt and I have been together. For his gift, I put together a scrapbook of all the things that we have shared during this time. I started about a week ago. But as it turned out, he would spend a lot of time home these days so I could only get to work on in last night, in a frenzy, trying to finish it in time. Of course, the three printers that we have had to run out of ink, two of them just went kaput; and so I stayed up all night getting to finish, but I got it done.

We have shared so many things and, at the same time, it feels as if it were only yesterday when I found his business card on my windshield and Cindy told me to give him a call. Hadn’t it been for her, I probably wouldn’t have called him. But she said, “I have a good feeling about this” and so I rang.

On Sunday, November 21, 2004, we went for our first date, coffee at Starbuck’s in Peachtree City at 6:00 pm. That turned into dinner at Macaroni Grill and a conversation that lasted until 1:45 am and ended just because the restaurant’s staff was leaving.

And here we are, five years after. Who would have thought? As they say, love finds you whenever you least expect it.

Sunday, November 22, 2009


Today, the celebration of our fifth anniversary continued. Matt asked me to marry him. He brought six roses, two chocolate glazed Krispy Kream donuts and coffee, my pink sapphire ring, and a Garmin so, as he said, “we can always find our way back home.” On one knee, Matt offered his heart to me, one more time, to keep, protect and embrace, with a promise to always keep The Gift safe.

I said yes.


Monday, November 23, 2009



Yesterday night and today, we told family and close friends, those we were able to reach. It is good to share our joy with those we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment