Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CAKES AND BIRTHDAYS!

To view the blog, please follow this link:
http://mattandpia.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 4, 2009


So I have discovered Sylvia Weinstock, better known for the last thirty years as New York’s queen of wedding cakes. (Think Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones’ wedding.) This lady creates magnificent pieces of art at a certainly grand scale. All I can say is WOW! Just looking at one of cakes can be an experience or, as Matt put it, “a diabetic revelation” or “a temptation of death by sugar” through visual extravaganza.

I think we have pretty much figured out what we want. Of course, it is something unusual, a project in its own right, and it is to be seen if it is possible. But, then again, we don’t think within the bounds of what is standard or preconceived. That is certainly not us, is it?

We also found out that we cannot have an outside wedding as it is not allowed by the Catholic Church. I will leave it at that for the time being.
In the evening, we watched Gran Torino. Really good movie. If you have not seen it, you should check it out. Then, at midnight, we received Matt’s birthday…


Tuesday, January 5, 2009

Today is Matt’s birthday!!! I know, I know I already said it, but today is Matt’s birthday!!!
Bretty treated us to see Avatar as his gift for Matt. Guys, I am telling you, if you haven’t seen this movie, YOU MUST! It is groundbreaking in more ways than one. And talk about thought provoking. I will not get into the details ‘cause I do not want to ruin the experience for anybody. I don’t know if it will be as big, but I venture to say that “Avatar” will be to this decade what “Star Wars” was to the 70’s…It was the 70’s, wasn’t it? With a cost of $300M, the movie booked $900M on the first day! Wouldn’t you love to have the rate of return on some of your investments???

It was very thought provoking, addressing many issues as the abuse of power, the search for meaning in life, the universal interconnection of nature, trust, being able to see the true self of an individual and on, and on, and on. Nothing that has not been said before, but that certainly needs to be repeated over and over gain, maybe until it sinks into our conciousness and turns from thought provoking into action birthing. 

The music was perfect. One couldn’t expect less from a Horner score. Anyway, here is the link of the movie’s site: http://www.avatarmovie.com/index.html. Thanks Bretty, this was an awesome gift, but your sharing your dad’s birthday was the best gift of all!

Mom joined us to go to the movies and Brett joined us after dinner. We had skirt stake with sweet potatoes, kale, and portabella mushrooms. Yuumm! Matt cooked the skirt stake and I took care of the rest.

I was also finally able to get the recipe for Malba. Talk about a difficult strategic plan! But, Matt had requested it and so, it had to be done! (LOL) And I had to run back to the store two times ‘cause I kept on missing some of the ingredients. It didn’t come out as good as it should have been, but it was still pretty darn good! Yuumm again!

Happy Birthday honey! I love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment