Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby on the Way!



To view the blog, please follow this link:


Wednesday, January 6, 2009
Today was a calm day. Got a good night of sleep and then spent the day catching up with bills and paperwork. Spoke with Jeanne M. about how the things with Zaphyra are coming. Jeanne, I want to thank you for all your help with the plans. You keep me on track and I love our phone conversations. I can’t wait to meet you in person, hopefully before the wedding!
Mom was home today also and she prepared “Ceviche” and “Conchitas a la Parmesana” showing Matt how to prepare the recipes.
Matt and I talked a little about the location issue for the wedding, but we have not decided anything yet. I am pretty sure things will work out and fall into place when the time is right.
On a different note, we got a call from Cathy, Matt’s sister, in Hammond (Louisiana.) Little Matt’s baby has knocked on the door and is arriving! The whole clan is at the hospital so we are waiting for the arrival news. Cathy said that Madlynne Grace should arrive sometime after midnight.


Thursday, January 7, 2009

Baby Maddie – yes, we already gave her a nick name – arrived last night at about 3 am Atlanta time. Don’t ask me right now what is the difference with Hammond. I can barely remember my name ‘cause I stayed up last night waiting for the call telling us the baby was here. After calling Cathy to check, I finally went to bed a little after 1:30 am (I think) falling asleep some time around 3 am. Cathy called at about 4 am with the news. Baby Maddie had arrived at 9 lbs 10 oz! All is well in the world!!!
But, after that, I just could not get back to sleep, so I came to work on the music for the wedding. I had pretty much everything figured out but, since we have the location issue, some stuff needed to be reorged. So I shuffled things around a little and continued to work on getting all the paper copies printed.
Then I focused on getting all the lyrics for the music that is not published and marking what is sung with harmony, etc. Now I need to figure out the accompaniment and we should be in good shape to start rehearsals.


Friday, January 8, 2010

Well, baby, mom and daddy are doing great. Gaby and Maddie will be staying in the hospital ‘till Saturday, which is great. Matt and I will be visiting during the weekend of MLK’s Holiday and will also get the chance to meet Maddie’s little cousin Caleb who arrived in June. Can’t wait!
I tried to reach Father Joe again to see if he can officiate the wedding. I left him another message and sent him and email. Hopefully, we will hear from him soon.

Like many other people, we stayed home due to the snow. The roads are really covered with ice around here and, given the amount of accidents that have been taking place, we decided to be prudent and spend a nice, relaxed day inside.

We got to talking about the wedding, issue at hand being the location. We discussed different options but everything is in the air until we can figure out the issue about the ceremony. Matt is going to contact a friend to see what the options are.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your delicate phrasing, my friend. we both know that i can be bossy;)

    welcome, maddie. you are adorable and much loved.

    you know, this big bump in the road . . . well, i've been thinking. (yes, matt, i do like it and yes, i'll try to do more of it;)) . . . you and i don't believe in coincidences, knowing that everything happens for a reason. i'm thinking that this speedbump is actually there to nudge you into taking the next step into clarification. and that's all i'll say. now.

    ReplyDelete