Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day!

To view the blog in the published website
or any pictures or attachments you might not be able to see, as well as to post comments
please follow this link:

Sunday, February 14, 2010

I woke up early and went to get some coffee. Matt was apparently still sleeping. When by the coffee maker, I hear the garage door open. It was Matt coming in with three beautiful heart shaped balloons and flowers! What a wonderful beginning to Valentine’s Day! Matt always knows how to make these days very special!

The girls came for rehearsal and we worked on the pieces for the upcoming concerts and the wedding. Later in the evening, we went to see Twilight’s Broadway by Candlelight.

What an amazing show and line up of talent! It was certainly the best Candlelight to date. Kudos Alison! It was a wonderful night!!!

Thought of the day:

“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breath and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
(Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Nineteenth-century Poet)

Valentine’s Day is a wonderful time to tell each other all those things that our heart feels. To remind each other what we mean to one another and to celebrate being together. Days like this are always special and help us add flavor to a shared life. A moment, a word, a detail can go so far to letting the other person know how much they mean to us.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Today was home office day, taking care of bills, paperwork and stuff of the kind. While doing this all day, I had in the background the marathon of “Cake Boss” which I had never watched before.

Very entertaining but, most of all, I learned tons about fondant, modeling chocolate, structural support for wedding cakes and a whole bunch of other stuff. It will soon be time to do a little mock cake and see how the recipe we want works with a couple of ideas I have in mind.

Oh, Frizzi is still standing. Though he has endured a strong liquid diet and has lost some considerable weight since Saturday.

Thought of the day:

“Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word: always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.”
(Therese of Lisieux, Catholic Saint known as “The Little Flower of Jesus”)

What a wonderful thought and really so simple to achieve. Have you ever felt that nice sensation when a stranger smiles or says hello? I remember when I came to Atlanta the first time while I was still living in New York. People in the streets here in The Southern Crescent would smile and say hello.


Quite frankly, at first, I just looked and felt completely puzzled. Hey, in NYC you do not talk to people in the street. What are you nuts? Not that people are rude in New York. That was never my experience. It is just too risky.

Then, when I moved here, I got used to it and now I do it without even thinking. It is just part of Southern hospitality. But I still like how it feels when somebody smiles at me and says hello. I hope they feel the same when I am the one offering the greeting.
I personally believe that something as simple as a smile or a thank you can really add to a person’s day, especially if they are having a bad one. And what a better opportunity than smiling and saying thank you to the one we love. This is one of the things I love about Matt. He always says thank you. He’ll say thank you for cooking, or thank you for updating the website, or thank you for helping me with this, for doing that. And he says is from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment