Sunday, February 7, 2010

Date, Time and Place (Brrrrrr......)

To view the blog in the published website
or any pictures or attachments you might not be able to see,
please follow this link:

Sunday, January 31, 2010

We had the first Zaphyra rehearsal of the year. I asked the girls to sing at the wedding and they, of course, said yes with a big smile. I then played the music for them and we went over some of the ideas. As you can imagine, the program is very eclectic.

Thought of the day:

“I wasn’t born to be a fighter. The causes I have fought for
have invariably been causes that should have been gained by a delicate suggestion.
Since they never were, I made myself into a fighter.
(Margaret Anderson, Editor and Writer)

I guess I could say this is about the strength of our convictions; about how much we believe in something and how far we are willing to go for it, even when it is out of our comfort level.


Maybe, this could be applied to the conflicts we are having with the dates, times and location for the wedding. We need to decide, based on the options we have been given (which are not many,) when it will be and if we are OK with it.


Monday, February 1, 2010

Did some catching up of home office stuff. Also vocalized, worked on rep and worked on my piano. I experimented with a low carb fried eggplant recipe (well, really and adaptation of mine,) which we have determined is a keeper.

On a separate note, enjoy the following video which I got from Silvie. Pretty awesome.

Tic Tac Music Video
(Can't get it upload so I am sedding the link.)


Thought of the day:

“When we drop fear, we can draw nearer to people, we can draw nearer to the earth,
we can draw nearer to all the heavenly creatures that surround us.
(Bell Hooks; Writer, Feminist, and Social Activist)

I think many, many, many times in life we are scared of something because it is alien to us. As humans, we fear the unknown. The catch is that fear can keep so much being unknown. I guess it takes courage to live, especially to live fully and to be open to that which is different. But, in doing so, we embrace all of creation.


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Issues with the time and location for the wedding continue. Little by little what is important to us seems to be stripped by what we are being told cannot be done…

Thought of the day:

In my eyes, I’ve never failed
because I’ve never given anything less than my best.”
(Shawn Johnson, Olympic Gold Medalist in Gymnastics)

I have been lucky enough to have met a couple Olympians in my life. While studying at NYU, when I started training fencing again, my coach was an Olympic winner. While working at Panasonic, I met and worked with a soccer player who was also an Olympic winner.

I must say, they most certainly operate at a very high level. The discipline and commitment developed during their training most certainly stayed with them and was applied to other aspects of their life. It is just how they do things. It is second nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment