Saturday, February 6, 2010

Eat Mor Chikin and Do Some Awesome Tralala's


To view the blog in the published website
or any pictures or attachments you might not be able to see,
please follow this link:
http://mattandpia.blogspot.com/


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Had lessons today; first time after Christmas break. I cleaned whole house. By myself. And organized the laundry closet. Oh dear! Do I need to explain HOW TIRED I AM! Four bathrooms, master bed, office, studio, guest suite, dinning room, living room, kitchen, foyer, wood, marble, modling, videos, cds (many, many, many,) book shelves with many, many books and scores, and sheet music, files, cabinets, computers, music gear (pain in the hinny to clean,) piano, guitars.

Anyway, I am just tired and wanted to be fuzzy. So, I have been fuzzy and now I am done.  My hope is that all rooms and closets are fully organized and decorated for the wedding. I don’t know if that will be possible, but we will certainly try.

Also, today I cut Matt’s hair for the first time. He was courageous and I did a pretty good job if I must say so.

Thought of the day:

“Cary a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your home,
your school, your world correspond to that vision.”
(Hellen Keller, Activist for the Deaf and the Blind
And Winner of the Presidential Medal of Freedom)

Pretty much everyone knows what visualization is. If we can imagine something, see it and make it so real that it goes with us wherever we go, and that something is something contagiously positive, what an impact could we have. Don’t you think?


Friday, January 29, 2010

I went to Camille’s house to check on her sound system for the upcoming competition at Chick Fil’A. What a beautiful and warm home the Edwards have!

In the evening, we met with Dan and Lisa at Georgia Shrimp for dinner. Caught up on some wedding details with Lisa while Dan and Matt where into some talking, looking at us “smurffing” (remember the Smurfs?) here and there.

Thought of the day:

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.”
(Corrie ten Boom, Activist and Writer, Instrumental to the
Success of the Dutch Underground during World War II)

I have learned, through out the years, that worrying really doesn’t do anything but consume us, make us miserable and paralyze us. Many times, things never get to the levels of disaster we, in our immense creativity, are able to imagine.

When I find myself in this place, I force myself to let go of those feelings and try to fill myself with hope. At the end of the day, I am certain that the Divinity that made me be will always be watching, even when I forget.


Saturday, January 30, 2010

We attended the Chick Fil’A Talent Competition this evening. There were some very good acts and some really bad ones too. But heck, it takes guts to stand in front of all those people, especially so up close, and do your thing.

Abby and Camille did very good, especially considering the glitches that happened, coincidentally to both, which by the way where caused by other people and had nothing to do with them really. Anyway, as so many times I have told them, “if a brick falls over your head, it has nothing to do with you. You don’t blink. Most of the people will never know.” The situations, one of which was actually an emergency, came and were gone and both ladies held their composure, providing a good performance for those present.

Kudos girls!

Thought of the day:

“To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.”
(Gail Sheehy, Writer and Lecturer)

OK, I couldn’t help but smile when I red this. Probably you did too. It is true that challenge makes us stronger and more skilled, but we all need a rest; some smooth sailing at some point when we can just enjoy the ride. Don’t you think?


These last years have been hard for so many people. Between the economy and the natural disasters many, many have been hit pretty hard all over the world. It’s been going on for what, three years now and it still has a while to go.


If you talk construction – and Atlanta is a construction, then airline and automotive industry city (need I say more?) – has about 2 to 3 years of foreclosed inventory on the ground. You’d have to be crazy or very rich to be building now. And, unless a bank isn’t holding a loan by the throat forcing the builder to build, no one is going to be putting anymore specs on the ground for a while. And no one is, not on this side of town.


Business reinvention is the name of the game, if you have the creativity and skill to do it and make it happen. Let’s hope the tied turns and builders can go back to doing what they do best, building beautiful houses for people to make into their homes.


SO SMOOTH SAILING FOR EVERYBODY THIS YEAR!!


PS It is also true that, when we have our attention focused on challenges of life, we tend not to have time for many personal crisis. So life can be a very cheap therapist, granted we have the right approach ;-) …

No comments:

Post a Comment